Boarders from Loreto Convent Adelaide Terrace became the first pupils; the day pupils remaining at Adelaide Terrace. The following year, day pupils were also enrolled at Claremont. A chapel and sleeping accommodation for the Sisters were added in 1937. The old derelict hotel building was demolished in 1963 to make way for a modern school building.
In 1977, Loreto Claremont amalgamated with the Jesuit’s St. Louis College to become the co-educational John XXIII College. John XXIII moved to its current site in 1986, and the Claremont site was sold and subsequently redeveloped.
The site at Nedlands was purchased in 1928 and initially envisaged as a university college. However, the increasing population of the surrounding area meant the need for a school was greater. The foundation stone for the new school was laid on 21 November 1930 with the Western Australian Sisters present. The first wing was completed, and the first day of school was on 10 February 1931.