2. Develop and nurture collaborative relationships based on mutual respect.
3. Ensure operational excellence and transparency.
1. Loreto will facilitate access to education.
2. Loreto will facilitate the development and delivery of quality education.
3. Loreto will facilitate opportunities for disadvantaged communities to achieve their full potential.
4. Loreto aims to achieve sustainability with the organisation, its programs and their outcomes.
Education is at the heart of Loreto Vietnam’s work.
From the time of its foundation the intention of Loreto Vietnam was to ‘lift learners into the future’ with a clear focus on children who are disadvantaged in some way, particularly by disability, remote location or poverty.
Loreto Vietnam’s programs today continue to focus on this same aim of bringing about ‘education for change’. As a Loreto organization this reflects the commitment of those involved in education in the tradition of Mary Ward around the world. The human right to education is recognized and prioritized by the global Loreto network.
The UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 4 Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, underpins these efforts of Loreto Vietnam. Additionally, the aim of building capacity and empowerment in the schools where it works in partnership with their local communities ensures long term effectiveness and sustainability.
Loreto Vietnam aims to ensure the human right to education is at the core of its strategic plan and projects, particularly in settings where children continue to live with disadvantage. Their work seeks to deliver access to effective learning environments and support for life-long learners and this dual focus can transform these individuals and communities. Through the provision of quality education with the support of Loreto Vietnam, the potential of these children will flourish and social change will occur.
Images: Sr Trish Franklin ibvm and student in An Giang | Loreto Vietnam primary students excited about their new school