Forward thinking, innovative, adaptive and embedded in the local community. Founded in 1884 as Loreto College, a Catholic girl’s school, Bayview was incorporated in 1977 as Christian Community College, a co-educational secondary ecumenical school. It was renamed “Bayview” in 1994 acknowledging the cottage on site that housed the Academy conducted in 1864-1865 by (Saint) Mary Mackillop.
We believe that the future of our local and global communities depends on compassion, integrity, respect and responsibility. The coast is our campus and we utilise our surrounding environment for the delivery of innovative science, geography, and physical education programs. Over the last 140 years, since the days of Mary MacKillop in 1862 and the Loreto Sisters, almost five generations of students have been educated at Bayview. Our strong tradition enhances our contemporary education program so that we can best meet the needs of our current and future students.
Bayview College recognises the Dhauwurd Wurrung (known as the Gunditjmara people) as the traditional custodians of the Portland area and the land on which Bayview College stands on.